Our Response to COVID-19
Auto & Home Insurance for CARP Members
CARP members: We’ve got you covered with great rates, proper protection, value-added benefits and unmatched customer service. This program’s got it all, and more.
- Savings: Good drivers† and responsible homeowners 50-plus receive better rates based on a number of individual factors plus the amount and types of coverage that suits your needs.
- More Savings: We offer 18 discounts including double discounts for combining your auto and home policies into one. Click “Available Discounts” for full details.
- Multiple coverage options for vehicles, including accident forgiveness, waiver of depreciation, emergency roadside assistance with towing, and minor conviction forgiveness. Click “Features, Benefits and Coverage” for details.
- Added protection for homeowners with guaranteed replacement cost and disappearing deductible.
- Identity theft protection included at no extra charge.
- Emergency claims service available 24 hours a day.
With Auto & Home Insurance for CARP Members, you won’t have to sacrifice coverage, benefits or claims service to pay a lower rate. It’s simply a better auto & home insurance program. And it’s exclusively for CARP members.
Small Business Solutions
Home-based businesses, start-ups and direct sellers with yearly revenues of $250,000 or less, you can now protection your business from as little as $42 per month.
Click Here for more information.
Make an Informed Decision
As CARP’s recommended insurance provider, we have a responsibility to help you make an informed buying decision. No matter which insurance product you require, or provider you choose, our best advice is to educate yourself before you buy. That’s why we offer information that will help you review programs “apples-to-apples”.
Auto & Home Insurance
Compare to ensure the right coverage for the right price
Both automobile and home insurance coverage varies from one insurer to the next, so it’s important to select a policy that suits your specific needs.
Along with the coverage selected, when setting auto insurance premiums, insurance companies consider the vehicle’s make, model, year, where you live, and your driving record. Factors for home insurance rates include age, location and condition of the dwelling, plus materials used in construction.
BEFORE YOU BUY - Some key points to ponder:
(1) THE COVERAGE YOU MAY NEED:
- After covering the dwelling, contents, personal liability, you could consider optional coverage; endorsements for high-value art or jewellery, guaranteed replacement cost, or a property claims forgiveness endorsement.
- For automobiles, consider accident forgiveness and a waiver of depreciation endorsement.
- And ask about personal umbrella liability which provides added liability coverage above the limits of your homeowner’s and auto policies, to protect your assets from potentially high court awards.
(2) ARE YOU LEAVING MONEY ON THE TABLE?
- Taking advantage of discounts is the easiest way to lower your premiums.
- Auto insurance discounts could include:
- - Multi-vehicle
- - Claims and conviction free
- - Snow tire
- - 50-plus and / or retiree
- - Renewal / loyalty
- - Driver re-training
- - Toys; ATV’s, motorcycles, etc.
- Home insurance discounts could include:
- - Mortgage-free
- - New home / age of dwelling
- - Claims-free
- - Renewal / loyalty
- - Centrally monitored burglar and fire alarm system, etc.
When shopping around, ask about more than premiums. Get a complete list of optional coverages and limits. Do they offer renewal / loyalty discounts? Are there savings for combining auto and home policies? And be sure to ask about their claims services. That’s where the rubber really hits the road!
GREAT RESOURCE: To learn more about auto & home insurance, visit the Insurance Bureau of Canada online: www.ibc.ca
A FINAL WORD: The McLennan Group urges you to be certain the program selected is right for your needs. Always read the fine print and ask questions before you buy, because insurance without proper coverage is like having no insurance at all. Remember, your protection is our priority.
Insurance policies underwritten by Zenith Insurance Company*
The Auto & Home Insurance Program for CARP Members is offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. and is underwritten* by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation, Traders General Insurance Company or Zenith Insurance Company, depending on your province of residence. †Premiums and eligibility for group program will vary for specific drivers depending upon individual factors. Group rates and certain products may not be available in all jurisdictions. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply, see policy for details. ®Trademark of Zenith Insurance Company. Pet Program and Small Business Liability Insurance offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. Life and Health Plans offered by The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc.